MPP OR IR?

danny6688

My major is international relations in undergrad level, but i incline to apply for a relatively professional programs, say MPP, MPA. Would this be challenging? since i 'm weak in GPA. Here's my personal statistics:

undergrad: Peking University (Beijing University)

major: IR

GPA:3.27

GRE: V580 Q800 A4.0

summer program in policy center of munich university

summer program in Art&social science in national univesity of singapore

2 months volunteer job in india

what's my chance. would it be difficult to be admitted by school like ucsd, usc, denver.

I can't speak to your three schools particularly, but generally most schools here look for a little more work experience. That's not to say you shouldn't apply -- people with less impressive work records than yours have gotten into grad school (prime example right here). Your GRE scores are excellent, no doubt of that, so you don't need to worry there. I think that in the end, your application will come down to the strength of your letters of recommendation and particularly your personal statement -- admissions committees will be gauging the strength of your candidacy on those two elements more because of your lack of extensive, relevant work experience.

Best of luck!