University of Hawaii at Manoa

Hey fellow speechies! Has anyone else still not heard back from Manoa? I called there the other day and asked because I haven't heard ANYTHING aside from a "The items needed to evaluate your application are received and your file will be forwarded to the graduate program for their review process" email in late January.

They basically said that they are waiting to see who accepts, and they'll probably contact people for more interviews soon. But... I haven't seen any rejections or waitlists on the results forum, so I guess i'm just wondering if they're actually considering me, or if they're just keeping everyone waiting? Kind of peeved since this was a really expensive application, I'd like to know if I have a shot here or if I should just resign myself to going somewhere else at this point.  

I haven't heard back either. I sent an e-mail to graduate student services and this was their response on 3/27: "Your application is still out to the graduate program for their review process.  I believe they are currently reviewing applications and hopefully will make a recommendation soon.  Once we receive their recommendation, a letter will be sent to your mailing address." Are you an in-state applicant? I am wondering if they only consider applicants who are in state.

Edited by kristinox

Don't give up hope! No news is not necessarily bad news. I interviewed for Hawaii on the 7th and had to reject on the 10th (I couldn't justify paying at least 80,000 for my master's). Then I was invited for an interview at Chapman last Friday (interviewed today). After reading the results page last month, I had really thought I wasn't going to hear from these schools. So don't give up hope! People are still declining acceptances and opening up more spaces for us!

I haven't heard back either. I sent an e-mail to graduate student services and this was their response on 3/27: "Your application is still out to the graduate program for their review process.  I believe they are currently reviewing applications and hopefully will make a recommendation soon.  Once we receive their recommendation, a letter will be sent to your mailing address." Are you an in-state applicant? I am wondering if they only consider applicants who are in state.

I live on the East coast, so I'm WAY out of state lol. Glad to know I'm not the only one being kept on hold! Sucks that it's not through email...I wonder how long it takes to mail something from Hawaii to New York...  :rolleyes:

I live on the East coast, so I'm WAY out of state lol. Glad to know I'm not the only one being kept on hold! Sucks that it's not through email...I wonder how long it takes to mail something from Hawaii to New York...  :rolleyes:

I know someone from the East Coast (VA) who got in last year, and is currently attending, so don't give up hope - they accept out of state applicants too! Good luck :)  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just e-mailed UH to see if they had filled all of their spots and their response was:

CSD just sent the last of their Fall 2015 admission recommendations.  A letter was just sent to your mailing address on Friday, which you should hopefully be receiving shortly.

Assuming this means I am rejected since I never interviewed but thought I would pass along the info to anyone who hasn't heard anything.