La Follette or McCourt?

jfdirth

I am caught between two programs at the moment and having difficultly deciding.

I was accepted at La Follette with no funding yet, but have an opportunity to get funding through secondary rounds of decision, while at Georgetown I was accepted with $15,000 a year in funding. Even with that funding from McCourt though I would still have to pay about $7,000 more in tuititon per year and increased costs for living expenses.

At La Follette I have a very strong network built as I went to another Wisconsin school for my undergrad and built a sizeable network in the state government and political players, but La Follette graduates have a tendency to stick around in Wisconsin post-graduation and I would like to move out to Chicago or possibly DC depending on job opportunities.

At McCourt, I have very little in a established network and a good deal of their graduates stay in DC metro which is nice but they have a lower placement rate and most of their jobs are comparable to what I would get at LaFollette expect at the Federal level. 

I don't really care too much for presitege of McCourt, but I am wondering if that is worth something to employers over La Follette, and finally La Follette is ranked higher often over McCourt, but I am not sure how trustful those rankings are.

Thoughts?