Still waiting...

gradsbh

I received an email on Jan 29 telling me I had been waitlisted and that the applicants who were made offers had until April 15 to accept.

It's now April 22, and I've heard nothing at all since initially being waitlisted. I emailed the individual who sent me the waitlist email just checking if there was any sort of update at all, and have had no reply.

I know it's probably just the process of working down the waitlist, and I've read others' experiences so I realize it isn't unusual. I just get more anxious with every passing day, and had to let it out to keep from going insane!

Probably some questions need to be answered here - Is this the only program you've applied to? Are you being asked to respond to others?

Assuming any of those scenarios, and the anxiety that's coming with the waiting, I think it's of utmost importance for you to be in touch with the individual or anyone in the department to let you know if all decisions have been finalized. The answer may or may not be the best you want, but sometimes you may want to be a little bit more persistent and find out for yourself. Check to see if there is more than one source of contact and reach out to them.

Good luck!

It seems like some schools take longer than others to update status.

Among my applications, I am still waiting to hear from two schools. One of those informed me that I was on a wait list by mid January (because I asked via email, otherwise, chances are that I would have never know that I was on a wait list). The other school has remained silent. Both schools's websites say that my application has been "submitted" and nothing more. I have received nothing but crickets when I emailed to ask.

I have already accepted an offer and started the whole registration process and I don't really care much about those two schools, anyway. But schools should inform promptly on any application status.

Probably some questions need to be answered here - Is this the only program you've applied to? Are you being asked to respond to others?

Assuming any of those scenarios, and the anxiety that's coming with the waiting, I think it's of utmost importance for you to be in touch with the individual or anyone in the department to let you know if all decisions have been finalized. The answer may or may not be the best you want, but sometimes you may want to be a little bit more persistent and find out for yourself. Check to see if there is more than one source of contact and reach out to them.

Good luck!

Yes, I only applied to one program this year. I will probably apply to more next go around if this does not play out, but for the time being I'm just waiting on the one. So this delay isn't really causing me any trouble as far as replying to other schools.

I did double check the website and it has a list of who to contact within each department, and my program lists the individual I mentioned before. I'm sure that email will come any day now...

gradsbh, I would either email someone else (since the person you emailed originally didn't reply), or I would give them a call.

Or send the original person another email; maybe it fell through the cracks somehow.

In any case, it really is about time you get an answer.

I agree. I emailed them again today. I can only expect the worst based on it taking this long, and I've seen many results posted to this site from the school I've applied to saying they never heard any result until they were persistent and then finally got told they were rejected. Either way, I feel somewhat disrespected at this point since it's been over 2 weeks since April 15, you'd think they would at least let people know what's going on.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use