URGENT: Advisor Meeting

zj868

An advisor at my first choice school has agreed to meet with me to evaluate my candidacy for his lab (I've already been accepted to the school). My meeting is in a few hours and he said 'bring information on your background and earlier research or project work.'

The problem is that my work as an undergrad is not tangible since we haven't produced any papers since I joined the group. I have screenshots of some simulations we did and my CV. What else should I bring?

I think that should be good enough, given that you are in undergrad after all and may not have produced anything beyond what you suggested. If you have conference posters (via PDF), then maybe that too. Otherwise, I think he might want you to describe your research in detail, and be able to answer his questions if there are any.

As long as you can convey that and have a positive attitude you should be fine! 

So I ended up getting a research poster from one of my lab mates, I had some screenshots of simulations that I did and also pictures of some of my work in the lab. I compiled all of that stuff into a PDF and sent it to him. Unfortunately, he didn't have a computer in front of him so it's a good thing I walked with my laptop! :)

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use