The Language of Mental Health in the Media

Hi everyone,

I've recently been accepted onto an Applied Linguisics, MPhil at Swansea University and I'm looking to conduct research into the language used by the media in order to discuss mental health.

I was just wondering whether anybody knew of any research that has been conducted in this area that could be of any use. Most of the work that I've found so far has been sociology-based and I was just wondering whether there was anything more specific floating around.

Thanks for your help.

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone,

I've recently been accepted onto an Applied Linguisics, MPhil at Swansea University and I'm looking to conduct research into the language used by the media in order to discuss mental health.

I was just wondering whether anybody knew of any research that has been conducted in this area that could be of any use. Most of the work that I've found so far has been sociology-based and I was just wondering whether there was anything more specific floating around.

Thanks for your help.

Hi.

I don't have any information about this at the moment, but I am interested in this topic too, so I am searching for information. If I find anything I'll let you know (and if you find anything, please let me know!)