Masters in UK for US PhD

I know I saw a post earlier that is similar to mine but I have a more specific question. So I am currently completing my MSc in health psych and the grading system is a bit different. I am both a US citizen and a UK citizen and I completed my undergrad degree in the US. I chose the program in the UK b/c the school is #2 in the world and the professors in the program are leading in the field. I would like to come back to the US for my PhD but I am not sure if my grade is enough. The grades work like this: distinction, merit, pass, and fail. It is really rare to get a distinction (top 10%) and to get into phd programs here you want a merit. I am currently scoring a high merit so I want to feel proud of myself but I don't know if the US will recognize the grade the same way UK schools do. Besides my grades, I have decent GRE scores, an immense amount of research experience (I am currently involved in 6 studies while doing my MSc which at least some of them should go on to get published hopefully), I currently have a manuscript being reviewed, and I have presented at a national conference in the UK and a few symposiums in the United States. I have reached out to a few professors in the United States of phd programs and one has agreed to meet with me briefly in June. Thankfully I will also have pretty strong recommendations I believe as well. I am just afraid my grade will hold me back. I would like to get into a health psychology phd program in the US. Opinions? Should I worry if I am not getting a distinction? I do not mind re-doing my masters by the way so that is not a concern. Thanks for anyone's opinions :)

Should I worry if I am not getting a distinction? 

No.

That's kind of like saying "should I be worried about not getting straight A's". Most people don't get distinctions in the UK, especially at rigorous academic programs. Besides, your grades get (roughly) translated into GPA when you apply. And a decent amount of people either know how the UK grading system works or they know someone they can ask.