Any chance for me at top 30 MBA program such as NYU Stern?

deezy415

I have a unique case and looking for opionions on whether I should pursue this path. I started out at a community college, and wasted about 5 years of droping and retaking classes. Basically not being serious at all and ended up with a 2.4 gpa with many withdraws and made up F grades before transfering to a 4 year university as a junior. Since then, I have been getting straight As with the exceptional B for around a 3.8 GPA. If I finish strong with a 3.8 gpa at my new university, will this be enough to pass the gpa requirements of top 30 MBA programs? Or do they look at the overall gpa of my undergrad and won't even give me a second though?

NYU Stern (and other schools at that level) care more about essays, interviews and work experience than grades. Low-GPA students should, if their work experience is appropriate, nail the essays and the GMAT.

You can essentially forget about Stanford GSB or Brown Prime (non-executive is more grades-intensive than the Brown Prime/IE Executive MBA)...