Rutgers or Oregon State, ECE dep.?

mafia59

Dear friends,

I have two offers that both of them are interesting for me. One from EECS department of Oregon State University (ranked #83 at usnews). The POI there is a well known professor, and is really cool. We have been in touch, and he seems very supportive. The research topic is interesting but a little differs from what I was doing so far. Furthermore, there are some not academic pros for OSU: I have friends at Corvallis, OR, the climate seems to be really nice there, and expanses seems to be low.

As to the other offer, it's from ECE department of Rutgers University (Ranked #41 at usnews). The research topic is completely coincident with my research interests. I don't know the POI's personality, but all his research interests are same as me and he seems cool, too. I will be his first student. - I don't know any one at NJ.

What do you think I should do? Is Rutgers reputation much better than the OSU? Would it help me for finding job easier after graduation?

Both offers are full funded.

Thanks