BNS Programs / Parkinson's Research: Help please

djg05010

I'm in my senior year and am looking for graduate school, but I'm having a tough time finding what I'm looking for.

I've been working in a BNS pharmacology lab on parkinson's research for the last 2 years (looking at the DA/ACh/adenosine systems primarily). By the time I graduate I should have a 1st authorship paper (possibly 2) along with 3-5 second authorship papers and three second authorship posters at SFN. GPA is about 3.8, GREs are 1450.

I'm more concerned about sticking with PD research than staying within BNS. Obviously if I could stick with behavior models that's be great b/c that's what I'm most experienced with, but I wouldn't mind doing electrophys or more molecular based stuff (although I'm not interested in genetic research).

Unfortunately simply reading the literature and looking up the names of the authors for those papers hasn't been all that fruitful. Many of the research either don't work at a university or are in another country (or both).

If anyone has any suggestions about how to go about finding schools I would greatly appreciate it. Deadlines are coming rather quickly and between research / thesis / regular school I don't want to fall behind on applications.

thanks all :D