GRE question

Hi guys,

I am applying to the Fall 2016 and currently studying for the GRE. I was just wondering-when is the latest I should take the GRE with application deadlines that are in January 2016? Is late November going to give me enough time to send them into the schools I'm applying for? TIA

GRE says the turn around for getting scores to schools is 10-15 days. You might be cutting it kind of close with a late November test date, especially if you are using CSDCAS. They can take a looooong time to process any documentation they receive. If any of your schools are using CSDCAS, be sure to check about how their deadlines work. Some schools just want you to have your documents to CSDCAS by a certain date, others want your documents to have been verified by CSDCAS by a certain date (and the verification process can also take a long time, and even longer if they find any mistakes on your app that you need to correct). That was my experience anyways.

I took the GRE the first time in late November. As long as you don't have December deadlines you're probably okay. All my scores were received on time. Just keep in mind that if you aren't happy with your scores, you won't have time to retake it (unless you have really late February deadlines you might get away with it.)