Applying for Ph.D. Weak CV (?)

Postbib Yeshuist

I'm beginning the app process for Ph.D. in Theology ("and whatever"). I feel like I have strong references and I believe I'll have a solid writing sample by the time my apps are due. My CV is what concerns me...

In writing my SoP, I see many references to "include c.v." Personally, I can't figure out if I have a good cv or not, primarily because I have yet to write one. However, when I think about it, these are the following things that come to mind:

I have no memberships in professional organizations aside from the AAR (everyone has that)

I haven't been involved in many committees, primarily because I've been working full-time as a High School Math teacher and taking courses at night

My Undergrad and M.Div. GPA's were not overly strong (though my Th.M. GPS is 3.94 and moving up)

I have not been published (though my thesis this Spring (2010) may be good enough to get into a top-tier journal, though apps will already be in)

Those are the negatives and they feel *huge*

Possible positives are

I did Adjunct some World Religions classes at a local Comm College one year

I have TA'ed (but only for one semester due to my first son's birth and the decision to have some time to be there and help my wife during the first few months)

I am on one advisory committee this year (that has yet to meet) and that is with the School of Education

I'm sure there's more to add to both the negative and positive columns, but overall, I feel like this is a real weak point in my application. Is this common? I feel like I should have been published 3x by now and have chaired this committee and been active on that one, but I just haven't had time with working 50+ hour weeks as a teacher/coach and taking classes.

What are y'all's thoughts/ideas on this?

(Sorry if the above rambles a bit. I'm typing this in-between classes ;) )