GRE testing without accommodations to take first time this summer

suewbe

I'm hearing that the GRE registration with a request for accommodations can take months to process.  I wanted to take the GRE this summer before senior year.  Should I register without accommodations to test ASAP, and then register to retake with accommodations at a later date?

Hi suewbe,

The process to receive special accommodations often DOES take several months to get through. You're more likely to receive those accommodations if you have prior documentation of the need for the accommodations (for example, if you had accommodations when you took the SAT or ACT and/or you have a documented medical history on the issue).

Is there any particular reason WHY you want to take the GRE this summer? Regardless of whether you receive the accommodations or not, rushing in to take the GRE if you don't feel ready is probably not a good idea (especially if you plan to take the GRE at a later date anyway).

GRE Masters aren't born, they're made,

Rich