Am I competitive for a top b school & a scholarship for 2016?

kokaka

I came across this site and I am in the middle of applying for my MBA for 2016 and I would love to get your opinion on if I am competitive for a top B school and possibly a scholarship. I am a female and originally from Africa, moved to Canada at age 12 and gained international experience by moving, studying and working in different place. I am also very driven I ran a half marathon last year and won a state salsa dancing competition.

GPA:

GRE score:

GMAT: 610.

Work experience:
5 years of work experience. 3 years Business Analyst, 1 year Senior Business Analyst and 1 year as a Project Manager. International work experience (Canada and US)

Language skills
French and English

Quantitative requirements:
Bachelor’s degree- Economics focus

Overseas experience (work, study and teaching):
Undergraduate study abroad in United Kingdom, University of Sheffield

Community and Leadership Experience

Started and lead a non-profit for women in Los Angeles in 2014, and affiliate of the Lean In movement by Sheryl Sandberg and grew the membership to 400 women from the greater Los Angeles area.

Contributing writer

Would love your comments!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

What schools are you targeting and what type of company do you work for now (ie how prestigious is it)? Knowing only this much, I'd say low second-tier MBAs will be doable, but a stretch. Think Indiana Kelley/Georgetown/UW Foster. If you work for a sexy company and have a strong trajectory, that will bump you up a notch for what's feasible (think UCLA/Cornell/Yale). A higher GMAT would help quite a bit, especially given your also relatively low GPA. Being a minority woman helps (a lot), but less in your case as you are not American and because of that (I think) they can't check the equal opportunity box for you. 

Keep in mind I am talking about stretch schools above, not safety options. 

Edited by went_away