Is it possible to do MA in Psychology without BA in it in the US?

An MA is definitely possible in psychology if it wasn't your previous field of study. It's ideal to have previous coursework or even relevant field experience when you apply. 

As for schools where you should apply, the next question would be what branch of psychology you're looking to pursue. Could it be cognitive, behavioral, school, biological, social, etc.? Program suggestions will most likely vary in that way, and it certainly narrows the list of suggestions!

An MA is definitely possible in psychology if it wasn't your previous field of study. It's ideal to have previous coursework or even relevant field experience when you apply. 

As for schools where you should apply, the next question would be what branch of psychology you're looking to pursue. Could it be cognitive, behavioral, school, biological, social, etc.? Program suggestions will most likely vary in that way, and it certainly narrows the list of suggestions!

Thank you for your response. I am interested in Industrial Psychology

Thank you for your response. I am interested in Industrial Psychology

Awesome! My undergrad, Appalachian State University, has an up-and-coming I/O program that I think is definitely worth checking out...shameless plug. :P 

www.gradschools.com has a search option, and their page on Industrial psych is here: http://www.gradschools.com/programs/psychology/organizational-psychology

I find it worthwhile to check out the program on my own based on the site's suggestion because it may or may not be as good as I expect it to be, or exactly in line with what I want, but it is a good place to start. 

I also did a basic Google search, which usually yields results of university programs: https://www.google.com/search?q=ma+industrial+psychology&oq=ma+industrial+psychology&aqs=chrome..69i64j69i57.6281j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Looks like New York University, University of Georgia, George Mason, are among some of the top results. 

I'm sure an I/O student might have more insight toward these different programs, but at least I hope that helps get your search started. :)

Thanks again.  You  have been of great help.

I will also do some research regarding the programs. I visited the Appalachian State Univ website. I will get in touch with them.  Next thing to figure out is funding. As per my knowledge  (based on online and word of mouth) few funding options are available at the Masters level. 

Edited by notsoveteranjournalist

Thanks again.  You  have been of great help.

I will also do some research regarding the programs. I visited the Appalachian State Univ website. I will get in touch with them.  Next thing to figure out is funding. As per my knowledge  (based on online and word of mouth) few funding options are available at the Masters level. 

Compared to doctoral, yes. So one important thing would be to look at the funding listed on the program site. Or, if you don't see any, feel free to contact a program of interest to you and ask for more information, especially about funding, because you are interested in attending. They might be able to tell you about some opportunities that you may not read about or hear about otherwise. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ideally having a general knowledge in psychology is what a bachelor's degree would offer, but that is all. That being said, you technically can still get into a master's program in psychology since that is actually when you start focusing on a specific field in psychology. A doctoral degree will require a MA in psychology though, so make sure you pick the right field while working on your MA.