How to choose between MPP & MIA/IR

Loriane

Hello...

I am currently working with a Think Tank and post my masters I would like to work with an Intl Orgn or enroll for Phd. I am in the process of shortlisting schools to apply this year. but so many grad schools with so many options. It is confusing what to choose. Could someone pls guide as to how to go about choosing MPP v MIA from two perspectives 1) which course is better for a UN job 2) which course is better for continuing to Phd. 

Most schools have the types of jobs graduates take on their websites.  You might go through the career section to get an idea.  The UN is generally hard to get into, there are plenty of grads from either program working in international orgs.  I would focus less on which three letters the degree has (MPP, MPA, MIA, MIR, etc) and focus more on the course content and types of professional opportunities available to you during your program.  Good luck!