MS in Business Analytics from MSU or UMICH Dearborn

shreya26

I have applied into MS in business analytics graduate program in MSU and UMICH dearborn for spring 2016. I am a computer science and engineering graduate and have 4 years of work experience as a software engineer. I have a 149 Verbal and 159 Quants and a 95 in TOEFL. Kindly highlight my chances...

Edited by shreya26

What was your undergraduate gpa and how far did you get in computer science and math/stats classes?  

How strong are your LOR and do you have any analytics experience? 

The MSU program appears to be more technical(hadoop etc) and business like(part of the business school)  whereas UofM is more technical with applied math and stats.  Which end do you want to specialize in?  

UofM clearly states acception rate is 51% for the program whereas MSU's business school acceptance rate is 29%.  MSU probably has less than 60 students whereas UofM states they have around 120 at one time in the program.

my undergrad gpa was 8.00/10 , from university in INDIA named BPUT. I have knowledge on Maths as in Statistics were a part of my syllabus and so were deferential calculus, and Integration. LORs are from my tech leads and team mates which I believe to be moderate to strong. I was working in TPF assembly language and was a part of airline industry. I never worked directly in analytics. 

MSU is a nice campus and it is big. There are many coffee shops and cafeteria is great and inexpensive.  Living expenses are pretty low and close to campus and relatively safe.  You will make many friends and collegues from India and many other countries.  

Dearborn is rather industrialized.

I know I am waiting for a positive response from them.. I have also started learning python I believe my graduation subject and work experience will earn me a seat there...fingers crossed.. I just want to know if my profile meets their admission requirements..

When did you take TOEFL? MSU states minimum of 120.  Do you have proof of funds?  Typically internation students are expected to pay for 1 or 2 semesters at a time or atleast upfront.