Informatics

I just ran across this program at Indiana University in Bloomington. I read through their site and got the image of what the marketing department wants me to see. It looks like a possible fit on the surface as I really want to develop technologies that people will use. Does anyone have or know of anyone who has experience with this program or university?

Also, what is Bloomington like? I haven't lived in a town that small in years. I currently live in a city with over a million people in it. Has anyone else made that kind of transition? What should I be prepared for?

• 8 months later...

I just ran across this program at Indiana University in Bloomington. I read through their site and got the image of what the marketing department wants me to see. It looks like a possible fit on the surface as I really want to develop technologies that people will use. Does anyone have or know of anyone who has experience with this program or university?

Also, what is Bloomington like? I haven't lived in a town that small in years. I currently live in a city with over a million people in it. Has anyone else made that kind of transition? What should I be prepared for?

I have no idea what Indiana U. is like, but I do know that the University of California at Irvine also has a graduate program in Informatics:

http://www.ics.uci.edu/informatics/

• 1 month later...

Bloomington is a city located in the southern region of the US state of Indiana. According to 2000 census this region is low densely populated. In any new area you will feel difficult until you set yourself with it. But once you set yourself you wont face any problem with the climate and the people it doesn't effect if the area is low densely populated or high densely populated you will face problem for 1-2 months after that you will not face problem.

• 5 months later...