Friendly Advice

zygomatic

For those of you that are looking at programs and sending out applications, I offer this very important piece of advice: Contact the schools you are applying to and find out about funding. I am not kidding. There are budget cuts that are going on all over the US and since anthro is not at the top of the priority list (like business) it always gets hit. :cry: The first things that are done is that GA money is reduced and adjuncts are let go. :shock:

So, please, before you waste your money, contact your schools and find out if they are accepting and if there is funding available.

There is a prof in Cali who warned me aboout the dearth of budget. He asked me to write him again early next month to see what the budget situation is like. I'm so grateful that he's being frank but I don't know if budget cut alone will deter me from applying. I really like that program. But you're right, if they make it clear that they won't provide any financial aid this year and if that's what you need, you probably should save the application fee.