Type of experience useful for MPH admission?

laala

hi there,

my background is that I have a low undergrad gpa (2.8), graduated 3 years ago and currently work at a small but respected public health organization. They are also very considerate and willing to help me with my own academic/professional growth and are asking me what type of projects i'd like to work on, what skills i'd like to develop. Since my gpa is low, i'm hoping that both my work experience and letters I get will make the difference in my chances for admission. The problem is, i have a hard time knowing what type of skills i should be developing; we don't generally do traditional/quantitative research, which is the only specific skill that i'd like to develop. We do a lot of coalition building/facilitation/training and the work i do supports that, but i guess my problem is figuring out what would be useful to talk about in my grad school applicaiton - obviously part of this is my own interests, but i already am doing work i find interesting and i know i should be more specific about what other skills i want to develop... but i don't think i even know what type of skills are out there that i should develop. This is a ramble-y question but i'd  really love and appreciate any feedback or suggestions!