Please Evaluate Profile

Vinod.G

Hello all,

I am an Electronics and Communication Undergraduate from India and I have given GRE 10 days back. My scores are as follows.

Quants: 167, Verbal : 153, AWA: 3.5

I have 2 Research internships from IIT-Madras and National Institute of Ocean Technology(Govt. of India)

I have 2 other internships from Indian Space Research Organization(Govt. of India) and Bharti Airtel.

I have 2 LORs from College profs, I am hoping to get one from a scientist at ISRO, one from Airtel, one from NIOT and if I am lucky enough one from IIT-Madras.

My Undergrad GPA is 3.24/4.00

I will be very happy if I can get into a college from the following list,

1. Wisconsin-Madison University(CS Dept.)

2. Duke University(ECE Dept.)(Very Costly, I gather)

3. Purdue University, West Lafayette(ECE Dept.)

4. Penn State(CS Dept.)

5. University of Massachussets, Amherst(ECE Dept.)

6. Texas A&M, College Station.

I understand that my AWA, Verbal and Undergrad GPA is quite low. But how ambitious am I in selecting these colleges? Do I actually stand a chance? Please help

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am an Electronics and Communication Undergraduate from India and I have given GRE 10 days back. My scores are as follows.

Quants: 167, Verbal : 153, AWA: 3.5

I have 2 Research internships from IIT-Madras and National Institute of Ocean Technology(Govt. of India)

I have 2 other internships from Indian Space Research Organization(Govt. of India) and Bharti Airtel.

I have 2 LORs from College profs, I am hoping to get one from a scientist at ISRO, one from Airtel, one from NIOT and if I am lucky enough one from IIT-Madras.

My Undergrad GPA is 3.24/4.00

I will be very happy if I can get into a college from the following list,

1. Wisconsin-Madison University(CS Dept.)

2. Duke University(ECE Dept.)(Very Costly, I gather)

3. Purdue University, West Lafayette(ECE Dept.)

4. Penn State(CS Dept.)

5. University of Massachussets, Amherst(ECE Dept.)

6. Texas A&M, College Station.

I understand that my AWA, Verbal and Undergrad GPA is quite low. But how ambitious am I in selecting these colleges? Do I actually stand a chance? Please help

i'd suggest you read the school's websites regarding their admission policies and requirements. For example, Purdue's ECE department states that the minimum GPA required is usually 3.25

From what I've gathered, it's best to apply to private schools if you are international . At some public schools, admit rates for domestic students can be 3 or 4 times higher than international, and many public schools have a budget crunch now.