American Studies 2016

Ah! Why is Brown taking so long for PhD notification? Why was there one random admit on the results board? Why do I check Applyweb.com every 10 minutes? 

Rant over. 

2 hours ago, ARH580 said:

Ah! Why is Brown taking so long for PhD notification? Why was there one random admit on the results board? Why do I check Applyweb.com every 10 minutes? 

Rant over. 

same feels ! im preparing myself for bad news. 

18 hours ago, jgalleg1016 said:

Got my acceptance today from the University of New Mexico's MA program!

No departmental funding, but they also don't offer any funding to MA students.

Congrats!

And yeah, I'm still waiting on 3 schools and since it's Friday my anxiety is much more palpable. Just tell me already, jeez. You've had two months and this isn't some enormous program where you get thousands of apps.

On February 19, 2016 at 1:16 PM, kdb84777 said:

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time participant (inspired by @CTKopster 's comment)... Congrats to all of those who have received good news so far! I was invited to a recruitment event at GWU, wondering if anyone else on here applied/is attending/knows anything about the program. I'm familiar with the work of the professors I would like to work with, as well as the sense of the program communicated on their website, but I'm wondering if there is any more general impressions of that program floating around in the world of American Studies...

Edited by CTKopster

I called Brown and BU. Brown is sending out notifications this week. They call those who are accepted into the program and send an email to those who are rejected. BU told me notifications will go out sometime in mid-March. I'm losing my mind! Hang in there, my peeps!! 

19 hours ago, arekay said:

Anyone know when Maryland plans to notify? Last year people heard in mid-January. I've emailed the DGS but haven't heard back.

Update: DGS responded and said I was on the wait list.

2 hours ago, CTKopster said:

I called Brown and BU. Brown is sending out notifications this week. They call those who are accepted into the program and send an email to those who are rejected. BU told me notifications will go out sometime in mid-March. I'm losing my mind! Hang in there, my peeps!! 

I emailed BU on Thursday and they said I should hear within a week! Hopefully it isn't actually mid-March before they notify!

5 hours ago, verycunning said:

I think next week is gonna be the big one for most of us. Sending good vibes to everyone! 

Yes! Good luck to everyone here! <3 P.S., I remember you from when I applied for my Master's, still recognizing your user name haha. 

Just now, verycunning said:

Thanks so much, everyone!

Yep! Phone call from DGS and then an email with all the details. From the results page it looks like someone else did, too.

I'm so happy for you!!! I'm down to Brown (rhyme unintended!)!

3 hours ago, verycunning said:

Thanks so much, everyone!

Yep! Phone call from DGS and then an email with all the details. From the results page it looks like someone else did, too.

Congrats! That other post was mine! What a nice start to the week.