phd psyc programs 1070gre

cheesethunder

sooo i took the gre again and got like the same score -_- typical. first time 1020 (440V, 580Q) and 2nd time 1070 (540V, 530Q). How ....bad is this lol for phd psyc program, like im going to retalk with my letter writers about how they should talk about my stats/ research experience and practical skills i can offer grad programs. and honestly this is NOT from lack of studying I've been studying on a daily basis since April and took a prep class. I am just GRE retarded.

Other stats, overall 3.8 gpa, 4.0 psyc gpa (my school is on an A+ scale its .1 away from an A+, I'm hoping that will really help me out!)

volunteered at a psyc lab on campus, 4 month research placement at a hospital, research assistant with thesis supervisor since January

i will have one strong reference from my supevisor........and the other 2 hopefully.......they will take pity on me and write something wonderful, im asking my stats prof whose class i got 95% in, cancel out my quant score? i hope so =/

Any advice, thoughts, uplifting messages of hope!

sooo i took the gre again and got like the same score -_- typical. first time 1020 (440V, 580Q) and 2nd time 1070 (540V, 530Q). How ....bad is this lol for phd psyc program, like im going to retalk with my letter writers about how they should talk about my stats/ research experience and practical skills i can offer grad programs. and honestly this is NOT from lack of studying I've been studying on a daily basis since April and took a prep class. I am just GRE retarded.

Other stats, overall 3.8 gpa, 4.0 psyc gpa (my school is on an A+ scale its .1 away from an A+, I'm hoping that will really help me out!)

volunteered at a psyc lab on campus, 4 month research placement at a hospital, research assistant with thesis supervisor since January

i will have one strong reference from my supevisor........and the other 2 hopefully.......they will take pity on me and write something wonderful, im asking my stats prof whose class i got 95% in, cancel out my quant score? i hope so =/

Any advice, thoughts, uplifting messages of hope!

hey cheesethunder,

i totally understand your feeling. i'm just like you, GRE retarted; but i'm worse. english is not my native language so it makes the verbal even harder. i'll retake the exam in nov but i don't think i'll reach the 6xx line for verbal. i hope i'll make some improvements if i can't make the miracle!

i think you should just focus on other aspects of your application. i would love to start my SOP right now but i'm just so occupied with the gre. i just want it to be over so that i can focus on editing my writing sample and my SOP. a very good SOP will compensate, i hope, a so-so verbal score. i would also advice you to look into a few safety schools, just in case.

good luck!

I can also sympathize with you. Concentrating on the other aspects of your application sounds like a good idea. I might also do a little research into if any of the schools you're applying to have any kind of GRE cut off they make. It wouldn't preclude me from applying if schools did have the GRE cut offs and the rest of the app is strong, but always good to know. Good luck!!