Should I Take another time GRE

MiaSay

I just took GRE test today, and my verbal is 144/ quantitive is 169. My GPA is 3.79  I feel my verbal score is low. Should I take GRE another time if I want to go to universities in states around New York and Boston. Some people told me there are some good statistics master program does not care verbal score. But I do not know what school don't care too much on verbal.

I think you should retake if you have enough time to study and improve your verbal, and get it to at least 150.  A lot of programs in the united states have graduate students teach, and if you have a low (Below 50 percentile) verbal score, it makes the university think you are not proficient at English and thus not suited to teach. 

Hi MiaSay,

The Verbal section of the GRE is just as predictable and standardized as the Quant section is, so you CAN train to score at a higher level. You will probably have to adjust how you think about the Verbal section though, and you'll have to practice some new Tactics. 

1) When are you planning to apply to Grad School?

GRE Masters aren't born, they're made,

Rich