SOP-faculty question

littleflower

Hi everyone,

I have contacted some faculties whose ongoing projects match with my interest asking whether they are taking any grad student this year or not. Two have given me a direct "yes" and "no". However, others cannot say because they will come to know about their grants later. A student has to do rotations in three labs in the first year. So I have to give names of at least 3 faculties somewhere in the application form. In addition,their projects/research should be mentioned in the SOP as those are broadly "what I want to do". So,what do I do?

a) Do I write a little bit about my interest in the works of the faculities(who think "may be" they will get grants)that match my background apart from the one who is definitely taking students?

b)Do I have to specifically say in the SOP that these are the three labs/reseacrh ares I am most intersted in? If so, what will happen if situation changes?

Thank you for your help in advance.