GRE Retake

gre2GRE

I gave my gre and got 152/162/3.5(v/q/a).I want to apply to top tier schools and have also given a gre subject(chemistry) in which i believe i will get 80+ percentile.I was thinking of a GRE general retake but, the prometric center has all the seats filled and is not showing an appointment before Decemeber 1st. Considering the fact that I am applying to schools with deadlines around December 15, would it be a good idea to take a GRE on 1st December. The other date that is available is 12th November which leaves me with about 10 days for preparation.

Hey there,

Your Quant score is more than decent so if you're applying for Engineeirng or CS or similar fields where the Quant score is more important then I think your score is good enough. Then again, if you're applying to top of the line schools such as MIT, Stanford, Columbia, Georgia Tech, Caltech and co then perhaps giving it again isn't a bad option. Since the deadline is 15th December you can always prepare all the rest of your documents by then and give your GRE on 1st. 15 days time is good enough to apply. Just remember that GRE is 1/4th of the application. You also need to take your SOP and LOR seriously as from what I've learned and heard, universities often use the GRE to filter out the applications and then look for applicant's ability through their SOPs and LORs.

I'm also giving my GRE retake next Monday and I'd kill to get a 162 on Quant like you this time.

Hope it helps!

Edited by Fahad.Baloch