Absolute latest date I can take the GRE?

espresso68

Greetings everyone,

I wanted to take a last spin on the GRE before applications are due (Jan. 15, 2016). Unfortunately, there are only 2 days left in November to take the test, but I have class/work on those days. Would December 15 be cutting it close with my deadline?

Thank you in advance!

Your scores typically take 7-10 days to be reported to your account (closer to 7 from my experience). I would check the website multiple times as it gets closer to that 7 day range, as mine appeared before I got an email about my scores. 

I sent my scores on Oct. 20 to 2 of my schools and one reported receiving them one day later, and the other reported receiving them a week later. So that varies by school, but I would assume it takes between 3-7 days for a school to receive your scores once sent. 

So with all of my own subjective experiences in mind, I think you should be okay. As long as all of your other material for your applications are in before then. 

You might want to have some time between the moment you receive your AWA score and the deadline. If this will be your first time taking GRE, you don't really have to choose between your scores but if it is a re-take, then you might wanna leave some time for deciding which scores to send. I'd say sometime in December, if it's possible. Good luck!