gre scores

psychindia

I want to apply for phd developmental psychology/ health psychology programmes. I took the test on november 1st and my unofficial scores are 158V and 158Q( according to ets percentile tables, 79th percentile verbal and 71st in quant). I've completed a dissertation that I'm working on publishing it(I will be the first author) and which i have presented in a conference. Of course i'll have more research experience by the time i apply. I'll have another dissertation and more conference presentations. However, I would like to ask, are my GRE scores enough to get me to atleast decent mid ranked universities? I just fell short of the 160V 160Q mark, but i really do not want to give the test again. Thanks in advance for any advice. 

I'm assuming you are not applying this fall, but waiting a year? 

Your scores are not bad. While I'm not going into developmental psych, I doubt any universities would throw your application out because of your GRE scores. I'm only an applicant right now, so I'm not an authority or anything, but I think you will be best served by focusing on the rest of your application, such as letters of recommendation, research (sounds like you are on that already), and finding programs that are a good fit for your interests. These are more likely to be deciding factors. 

Good luck!

From what I have learned by reading online and what not, those are very solid GRE scores.  They shouldn't negatively impact your chances at most universities, especially if you also have a good GPA.  Remember that GRE scores and GPA are, from what I've read, used for screening the first-round of applicants.  After that, your fate is dependent on the other factors homonculus listed above.