Uploading unofficial score reports to Ph.D. programs?

kafcat

Hi everyone, what is the general format for this? I never received a copy of my official scores and I'm freaking out because the deadline to the program is around the corner....I read somewhere that people copy pasted their scores into a word document and converted that into a Pdf, is that accurate? 

3 minutes ago, Gvh said:

You can log into your ETS GRE account and download a PDF copy of your report from there.

Thank you I just clicked on the "print" button and saw it...I'm just in freaking out mode right now!

1 hour ago, japaniia said:

Hi everyone, what is the general format for this? I never received a copy of my official scores and I'm freaking out because the deadline to the program is around the corner....I read somewhere that people copy pasted their scores into a word document and converted that into a Pdf, is that accurate? 

Just additional FYI: a few years ago, it used to be that you got your own copy of your scores every time you took a test and every time you ordered score reports. Then they realised that this is pointless because it's pretty easy to do what Gvh said! But this might mean some outdated admissions website (or staff with outdated information) might still refer to things like the applicant's or examinee's score report. Printing your own PDF is the best way to fulfill these requests.

Do most PhD programs accept this? In lieu of having the scores sent directly from ETS, I mean? It would save a ton of money, that's for sure, but I hope it's accepted.

Or is this just a way of getting the scores to them faster, while they wait for the official ones from ETS?

I'm trying to figure out if I still need to send GRE scores to the schools I didn't choose on test day, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! UPenn already said they will accept scanned, uploaded copies from the ETS page, though.

5 minutes ago, Unimpressed3D said:

Do most PhD programs accept this? In lieu of having the scores sent directly from ETS, I mean? It would save a ton of money, that's for sure, but I hope it's accepted.

Or is this just a way of getting the scores to them faster, while they wait for the official ones from ETS?

I'm trying to figure out if I still need to send GRE scores to the schools I didn't choose on test day, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! UPenn already said they will accept scanned, uploaded copies from the ETS page, though.

The schools will definitely specify this. In most cases, schools will ask for for an official copy from ETS, but if they explicitly state you can upload a copy *instead* then that's good. In my experience, the only schools that wanted an uploaded copy only wanted it to expedite the review process, they still needed an official copy. If in doubt, email them. 

Thanks. Just as an update: I called UPenn back just to confirm they'd accept the scanned, uploaded scores instead of the official report from ETS, and they said yes! They said that while it's "encouraged" to submit the official ones directly from ETS, they will accept scanned scores and my application will receive full consideration. To clarify, this is for the English PhD program.