Hebrew Transliteration Keyboard for Mac

search the scriptures

I am editing my writing sample and need the Hebrew transliteration symbols to insert into my research paper on MS Word using my Macbook.  I downloaded a couple transliteration keyboards online that I thought would work but have been unable to properly install, access or use them.  Even called Mac tech support but they didn't have any answers and said it was a "third party" issue.  Does anyone know how to use Hebrew transliteration symbols in Microsoft Word for Mac?  I am using an OS X 10.9 operating system.  

• 2 weeks later...

I think it should be built in to the Mac keyboards that you can select - up at the top of the screen where you see that little American flag, you should be able to select "ABC/US Extended" keyboard.  In the drop-down menu, you should also be able to show the "keyboard viewer," which if you press the option key, should show all the transliteration symbols you need.  I use it mostly for Middle Egyptian, but I think the symbols are mostly the same š, ẖ, ḥ, ā, etc.  This way it also puts it in via unicode, which should be portable and won't require installing other fonts.

• 1 month later...