Night before my GRE

Analyticchic

Hey guys,

It's the night before my GREs and I'm finishing up studying with a prep cd exam and the 5lb manhatten book of practice problems. I haven't been studying for a full two months but I feel if I just breathe, think, and stay in a good mindset/stay confident I can do well. How did you guys feel the night before the gre and did you review as much as I did before taking it? I always hear that the GRE is designed to see how well you can take it and not necessarily about intelligence. Good vibes are appreciated! :)

Edited by Analyticchic

Did not review the night before the GRE, in fact I stopped about a week before the GRE. I did however make sure I got the 8+ of sleep I usually need to feel...normal. And I also went for a run about an hour before the exam, not sure if there's anything to that or if just my superstition but running usually puts me in a more focused and "quick" state of mind. 

I would rest and not think about the GRE the night before the test. Your brain will be focused for almost 5 hours tomorrow on that test so give it a break tonight so it can be clear and ready tomorrow. Good a good night of sleep and don't change any routines you have just because you have a test tomorrow. If you always have a big breakfast, then follow that (along with any other routines). I really do believe your own mental state during the test makes a huge difference. Don't stress and remember: it's just a test. You can always retake it. 

Hehe, I totally reviewed the night before the test too because I was super stressed out and hadn't been super consistent with the studying. Felt like I was having mild panic attacks. I ended up taking some Emergen-ZZZ (which is Emergen-C with melatonin - totally recommend it!) to help fall asleep, and then got to the test site an hour beforehand. Which was good because I ended up having some super duper parking issues that delayed me quite a bit. Just get some sleep and try not to panic too much. You've done all the studying you can at this point. Good luck!