Philosophical Anthropology/Human Nature

Izzybop

I can't offhand, although two faculty members in my department have taught on Geertz and been involved with anthropologists in some other respects. We also had one student completing a dual PhD in philosophy and anthropology. Who are the main people whose work you read/are interested in? Finding their home departments is one way to start looking.

So....mostly I am interested in Kant and Post-Kantian Continental philosophy so: Kant, Heidegger, Scheler, Köchler. Also interested in Buber, Ancient philosophical and Chinese Philosophical perspectives of human nature: Aristotle, Mengzi, etc.

2 hours ago, Izzybop said:

So....mostly I am interested in Kant and Post-Kantian Continental philosophy so: Kant, Heidegger, Scheler, Köchler. Also interested in Buber, Ancient philosophical and Chinese Philosophical perspectives of human nature: Aristotle, Mengzi, etc.

I would say go to Georgia State University's MA Program, as Leiter has repeatedly mentioned their strengths in Kant and Post-Kantian philosophy (in the continental tradition esp.) Afterwards, look at where students who wrote on Kantian/Post-Kantian philosophy were placed. That may give you a good idea of where they wanted to go assuming their interests were still in Kant and Post-Kantian philosophy, and then you can just research for yourself to confirm the assumption.

Edited by thatsjustsemantics