Adding new info to grad app?

RM17

Yesterday, I found out I received an oral presentation at a conference coming up. My apps were due Dec. 1, and though I mentioned this project in my SOP and put it on my CV, I obviously was expecting a poster. I feel like this is kind of a big deal and I should tell my schools, but I'm not sure how to go about it: Update my CV and email it to the generic admissions email? Just say something in the body of an email? See if there's any way to upload new documents to applications?

Alternatively, I can just wait and sit on this info for interviews (the talk should be after I get invitations but before I do any traveling), but I'd hate to think that this might be the thing that makes the difference between getting one and not getting one, and I just didn't tell them...

If you can update materials in your application yourself, go ahead and do that. For a deadline that was just a few days ago, it's doubtful that anyone's already looking at the applications, so updating it now should be fine. If not, if it's a big deal, I would email someone (probably the department coordinator in charge of applications, and if you don't know who that is then simply the departmental secretary), say that [important development] just happened, and would they be willing to replace your old CV with an updated one (attached to the email) that reflects this development.