Deadline help? (USML, Kent State)

cinderellacomplex

Okay, so a couple of the schools I'm applying to say "all materials need to be in by the deadline," which is today. Long story short, my GREs and transcripts may not be there today... what are the chances they'll take unofficial stuff for preliminary review so long as the other stuff gets there within the week? Or are they really going to axe my application because my stuff wasn't there? :( I'm panicking, especially about Kent State because it's my top choice. 

11 minutes ago, cinderellacomplex said:

Okay, so a couple of the schools I'm applying to say "all materials need to be in by the deadline," which is today. Long story short, my GREs and transcripts may not be there today... what are the chances they'll take unofficial stuff for preliminary review so long as the other stuff gets there within the week? Or are they really going to axe my application because my stuff wasn't there? :( I'm panicking, especially about Kent State because it's my top choice. 

Have you called and asked? I work in one of the labs there and they are pretty flexible. Many places will accept unofficial stuff for preliminary review, but that's something you need to clarify with them individually. They are unlikely to begin looking at stuff right away so as long as you have  a placeholder you might be okay. Worth a shot.

It honestly just depends on the school. The best thing you can do is call and ask. For example, I wanted to apply to a PsyD program & they wanted everything in by December 1. However, another program's deadline date is today as well, and they are ok with me not having my official GRE scores in yet.