Applying to U of Iowa?

LateAntique

This forum is kinda dead, no one answered my question about Minnesota or Colorado :/ And I'm not sure that Iowa has much of a reputation as a premier classics department. But as long as you find professors there that share some of your interests, it's always a good idea to apply there.

• 2 months later...

Hi LateAntique,

I guess it's a little late to add my input, but I have a very intelligent and sweet friend who is getting his Ph.D in Classics at U of Iowa and is completely in love with the program - he chose it over Cornell, if that means anything.

I have a friend who attended several years ago and is now faculty at a reputable institution in the contiguous United States. I can't tell you much more than that but it was good enough to get her tenure.

I've heard Iowa has a good record of placing graduates into tenure track positions. I'm glad to hear your friend is doing well with her career.

Not too late - the application deadline is January 15.

Eh, don't wanna expend the time, money or effort. And my recommenders have been a pain in the ass so I just want to get this process over with and see how it goes.

Eh, don't wanna expend the time, money or effort. And my recommenders have been a pain in the ass so I just want to get this process over with and see how it goes.

I've thought the same thing. I should've applied to Michigan and University of Texas at Austin, but I just didn't have the energy or money to do two more apps.

• 1 month later...