What are my Chances for a Masters Program?

Jo

Is graduate school even possible for me? Will it ever be? This is what I'll be applying to graduate schools with:

Overall GPA: 2.95

Jr/Sr GPA: 3.04

Major GPA: 2.45

Minor GPA: 3.15

GRE Scores: 138V, 143Q, 3.5 Writing. 

One Semester of Research in a Lab.

Work Experience and Volunteer Experience interacting with people. 

Compelling Letters of Recommendation. 

I screwed up undergrad, I know. Besides doing a post bac, how can I get into grad school? Is it possible to get into an unaccredited program? I know an accredited program might be impossible. I'm wanting to go into Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Rehab Counseling, or Professional Counseling. I know some schools have a cutoff of 2.5. But most have a cutoff of 3.0. I have people skills and a lot of experience working with people. Can't they just use that to waive GPA? I did get C's and D's in my major, but that is because of personal reasons. I am not a test taker, which is why I scored badly on the GRE. I also never took a prep course and never had any prep for it. 

This thread should be useful for you.  There are many others who have had sub 3.0 GPA's and have gotten into graduate school.  I suggest finding one that is relatively active and ask them what they did to get into a MS.

http://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/28621-the-sub-30-gpas-acceptance-thread/