Writing sample: writing a new essay

qazxsw321

Hi there, I have an application that requires a writing sample of 4000 words. I have not written anything of that length in my undergraduate. So I plan to piece together a few tutorial answers into a coherent essay. My question is: is it okay if I "create" my own essay question and answer it by piecing together work I have done. So for example: I have written a few things about aid here and there in my tutorials, so I plan to piece them together under the title "Is aid effective for social development?" or something like that.

Thanks!

You aren't breaking any rules: so far as I am aware, no one cares a fig whether the sample was submitted to a course or not. The reason that many say you should not write a fresh essay is that your fresh essay will not have been looked at by a professor/graded. From what you have written here, however, you have no choice, so I would just say that you should be very careful when proofing the paper and get someone to read it over if you can.