2016 Admissions General

localfdr

20 hours ago, CapitalistMagpie said:

Has anyone heard any more from Yale Ph.D? I know they've sent out some acceptances to their Masters, and some rejections to their Ph.D. Since they held interviews for the people on their shortlist a few weeks ago, I haven't heard anything, and I was expecting some news this week.

Looks like there was an acceptance there today. Hopefully that was you!

On 2/10/2016 at 5:19 PM, CapitalistMagpie said:

Has anyone heard any more from Yale Ph.D? I know they've sent out some acceptances to their Masters, and some rejections to their Ph.D. Since they held interviews for the people on their shortlist a few weeks ago, I haven't heard anything, and I was expecting some news this week.

From what I heard, they already had interview this Monday... It is pretty small program, don't feel bad about it...

Sort of off-topic, but can anyone tell me what "A.M. Statistics" stands for? I've been seeing so many of these on the results page. 

I would have guessed Master of Arts but I often see, "A.M Statistics, PhD", so that couldn't be it.

On 2/16/2016 at 8:02 PM, SaladDays said:

Any other Canadian applicants here? anyone hear from McGill yet? I've seen some acceptances and rejections on the results section. 

I'm not Canadian but: yep, I received a rejection from McGill 

On 20/02/2016 at 8:52 PM, DC1020 said:

What's up with Duke Statistics?  Per the results page last year most Ph.D. results were out by mid/late January but there has been nothing this year.

Hey DC, have you heard from Duke since you last posted on the forum?

I too applied to the PhD in Statistics but I have yet to hear back from them. I did see on the results page that there has been both acceptances and rejections sent out.

I'm Canadian and have a few offers pending from US and CAD programs and the deadlines are coming up... I don't think I can wait much longer for Duke...

Edited by Eclipse S414

33 minutes ago, Eclipse S414 said:

Hey DC, have you heard from Duke since you last posted on the forum?

I too applied to the PhD in Statistics but I have yet to hear back from them. I did see on the results page that there has been both acceptances and rejections sent out.

I'm Canadian and have a few offers pending from US and CAD programs and the deadlines are coming up... I don't think I can wait much longer for Duke...

Nope, I'm applying for masters and haven't heard anything.  All my other schools are releasing decisions in early to mid March so I haven't felt the need to call for an update from them.

Given the huge number of PhD rejection postings last year, it seems likely that the bulk of the PhD results have yet to be sent out.

4 hours ago, DC1020 said:

Nope, I'm applying for masters and haven't heard anything.  All my other schools are releasing decisions in early to mid March so I haven't felt the need to call for an update from them.

Given the huge number of PhD rejection postings last year, it seems likely that the bulk of the PhD results have yet to be sent out.

Oh. I applied to the Master program last year at Duke and got my acceptance on March 15th, so you have a lot of time still.

On 03/03/2016 at 3:39 PM, Stats2016 said:

Anyone still waiting on PhD decisions? Still haven't heard back from 7 schools. It's been an agonizing wait this past month.

I got offers (PhD Stats) from: Toronto, UBC and Cornell.

I got waitlisted at Berkeley and Columbia.

I got rejected from Duke (Shame! I got into the master's program last year but did not attend).

30 minutes ago, Eclipse S414 said:

I got offers (PhD Stats) from: Toronto, UBC and Cornell.

I got waitlisted at Berkeley and Columbia.

I got rejected from Duke (Shame! I got into the master's program last year but did not attend).

May I ask how you received the waitlist notification at Columbia? Do you know how many there are on the waitlist?

Congratulations on the acceptances!

On 2016. 3. 3. at 5:39 AM, Stats2016 said:

Anyone still waiting on PhD decisions? Still haven't heard back from 7 schools. It's been an agonizing wait this past month.

Haven't heard anything from following schools:

Iowa State

UNC

Northwestern

Penn state

Florida

Purdue

UC Davis

this waiting time is so much frustrating ...

2 hours ago, ChickenVoicesInMyHead said:

May I ask how you received the waitlist notification at Columbia? Do you know how many there are on the waitlist?

Congratulations on the acceptances!

Thanks!

I got the waitlist notification on March 1st (Tuesday). They refer to it as a "short waitlist of a few applicants."

I had to accept the wait list on the online application to confirm that I want to receive an offer if a spot opens up.

10 minutes ago, Eclipse S414 said:

Thanks!

I got the waitlist notification on March 1st (Tuesday). They refer to it as a "short waitlist of a few applicants."

I had to accept the wait list on the online application to confirm that I want to receive an offer if a spot opens up.

Ah I see, thanks. Looks like they've sent out most of their acceptances then. 

Surprised that there aren't many postings on the results page. There were a slew of them at this time last year. 

Edited by ChickenVoicesInMyHead