Dual degree programs: MPP/Ph.D. Psych.

Mikey T.

I graduated with my BA in Psychology a year ago and plan on applying for a Ph.D. in Psychology (more social/community than clinical). I spent the year after graduation working full time on a diabetes project through a Human Development department and wrote a thesis in psychology during my undergrad. I decided this past year that I wanted to pursue a program that offered dual degrees in psychology and public policy but I don't know very much about them. The majority of my research experience has been in psychology/human development so I don't have any research experience in political science. I would eventually like to do research, teach, and affect policy in some way (yeah, I know, I want to do everything). Any advice from someone who has gotten into this type of program (regarding the application process, great programs, etc.) and about the best way of getting research experience in political science? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!