CSU San Marcos Fall 2016

jclay005

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone applied to San Marcos MSW program? I know that they are still in the process of being accredited now, but I thought that I would go ahead and apply. Fingers crossed!

Hi!! 

I just turned in my application on the 6th! I went to their info session last june and they talked about their accreditation. They seemed pretty confident so I went ahead and applied. It should be cleared by summer. There are some people on the board who are already attending, would love to hear about their experiences in the program. One thing I should mention about CSUSM if you hadn't noticed, is that their program costs about double what the other CSU's cost. I didn't realize this until the info session. It's because they're through the extension site at the university. This also means that the classes are more intimate and there are less professors so you build better relationships with everyone. Could be a good thing, but the tag still turned me off. I'll definitely accept if I don't get into SDSU though! Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

@jclay005 I wanted to wish you congratulations! Are you planning on accepting?

I never commented on this feed, but I meant to because I also applied to CSUSM for the Behavioral Health 2 year program. I ultimately will not be attending though because I recently got into my first choice, SDSU.

I thought CSUSM was neat though because it is such a new program!

14 hours ago, BreezyHeart said:

@jclay005 I wanted to wish you congratulations! Are you planning on accepting?

I never commented on this feed, but I meant to because I also applied to CSUSM for the Behavioral Health 2 year program. I ultimately will not be attending though because I recently got into my first choice, SDSU.

I thought CSUSM was neat though because it is such a new program!

I think I am gonna attend San Marcos. I haven't heard anything from SDSU yet and I have now 6 days to respond. I realized that San Marcos is double the amount to attend, but I sounds like a great new program! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...