PhD in Human Performance (Biomechanics)

Arash00

Hi guys,

I studied Mechanical Engineering for my B.Sc, and M.Sc., but I am going to change my field to Human Performance, Biomechanics. I would like to know my chances for being admitted to these programs. 

Thank you in advance,

Undergrad School: University of Tabriz, Iran
Undergrad GPA: 3.34
Major/Minor: Mechanical Engineering
GradGPA 
(if applicable): 3.91
Grad Studies (if applicable): Mechanical Engineering ( Sports Biomechanics based thesis)
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): 156 V/170 Q/ AW:3.5
Experience/Research (please, be brief): 2 years teaching assistant, 2 governmental funded research in 2 years, 5 ISI journal Papers ( Average Impact Factor: 2.0, H-index: 100), 2 International Conferences, Best Student M.Sc thesis in Iran, 6 years of full governmental funded study in one of the high-ranked universities in Iran.

TOEFL: Ovrl: 102, R:27, L:20, S:26, W:29

Applied: Indiana University-Bloomington, Umass-Amherst, U of Delaware

Hey Arash, you seem to have a pretty competitive profile (I can't speak to the TOEFL though, since I'm unfamiliar with what's considered a good score). However, this may not be considered the right forum to get the best feedback, since biomechanics isn't related to public health. Maybe your specific program is housed within the public health schools at those three universities? 

Good luck!

17 hours ago, Familiar Heron said:

Hey Arash, you seem to have a pretty competitive profile (I can't speak to the TOEFL though, since I'm unfamiliar with what's considered a good score). However, this may not be considered the right forum to get the best feedback, since biomechanics isn't related to public health. Maybe your specific program is housed within the public health schools at those three universities? 

Good luck!

Hello,

Thanks so much for your response. Yes. In fact, my programs are in public health schools at these universities and I have used SOPHAS system for application. My major concern is about my B.Sc GPA. It is considered relatively good in Mechanical Engineering, but I am not sure whether it could compete with GPAs in the field of biomechanics. Also I couldn't find information regarding university rankings in biomechanics. Hence, I am not sure whether my CV is good enough for my chosen universities.

Bests,

Arash

• 3 weeks later...