"Letter of Agreement"? - PhD Canada

OrangeNeuro

Hey all,

I signed up a Letter of Agreement with a Supervisor for a PhD in a Canadian University. Now my application will be read by the committee. So, I have not an offer of admission yet...

I am an International and I imagined that before you should wait the committee decision and then you could sign up the Letter of Agreement.

Is there someone who can explain how works the PhD Application process in Canada?? :o

Thanks guys..!!

Usually, in Canada, similar to Europe, the PhD application process is more like a job offer where an graduate admission offer is often tied to a research position in a lab/group and that lab/group might have an agreement to sign to join that lab. Or, this could be due to the fact that your school has RA or TA unionized (most schools in Canada do) and this formal contract is just part of the paperwork. A "letter of agreement" could mean a lot of things---if you don't mind sharing some of the details of the letter (either here or via private message), maybe people can help you figure out what the letter is saying.