AMA: Recent SAIS grad

kb6

Hi 

I've been accepted into the MA program at DC campus but I'm contemplating shifting to Bologna for the first year. I'm curious to understand as to what do I loose/ gain from this trade. I'd like to pursue IDev as my concentration. Any advice would be appreciated. I'd also like to chat with someone on this front if possible. 

On 4/24/2017 at 4:37 AM, RS- Tz said:

Hi 

I've been accepted into the MA program at DC campus but I'm contemplating shifting to Bologna for the first year. I'm curious to understand as to what do I loose/ gain from this trade. I'd like to pursue IDev as my concentration. Any advice would be appreciated. I'd also like to chat with someone on this front if possible. 

I explain the differences between DC and Bologna on the first page of this thread. 

When I was in Bologna, the IDev concentration there seemed to be quite strong, but not sure if that's changed over the past 3-4 years. On the whole, Bologna felt more like a residential academic grad school experience, whereas DC felt more like a professional program where everyone was rushing off to internships. 

If you're interested in taking classes or languages related to Asia, or if you want to focus on econ/finance, DC is probably the better choice.