University of Delaware

So I got off the phone with the director of the program and over 375 applications were received. This surprises me especially because they are a BRAND NEW program and haven't even received accreditation yet! This goes to show you how COMPETITIVE this field is! 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hedgiehog said:

@koukla19 did you happen to find out when they plan on notifying the applicants? I have an idea about all of my other schools from previous years, but this one is a big question mark!

I'm not sure! I'm assuming its going to take a while though. Especially since this is their first time and the applicant pool was so large.

Yeah, you're probably right. We can probably expect a certain amount of craziness for them trying to get everything together. I'm so surprised that the applicant pool was so large. I know that it is a competitive field, but wow!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, 357 applicants! That's uncommon for new and developing program. I think there applicant deadline was Feb 1st, so I'm assuming it's going to be at least another week..probably longer some department is so new and they probably weren't expecting all those applications.

Just received an email from U of Delaware. The first two paragraphs say: 

"As you are aware, the Communication Sciences and Disorders program at the University of Delaware has applied for “Candidacy” accreditation status.  The Council on Academic Accreditation will inform us of our status by March 21, 2016.  Programs applying for Candidacy are not permitted to any accept students until Candidacy has been achieved. Our plan is to begin sending acceptance notifications as soon as we have achieved Candidacy status.  Please note that, by agreement among CSD programs, you do not need to accept any offers until April 15. "

It goes on to encourage checking out their website and clinic opportunities.

Did anyone else get this email?

34 minutes ago, CMyesAnd said:

Just received an email from U of Delaware. The first two paragraphs say: 

"As you are aware, the Communication Sciences and Disorders program at the University of Delaware has applied for “Candidacy” accreditation status.  The Council on Academic Accreditation will inform us of our status by March 21, 2016.  Programs applying for Candidacy are not permitted to any accept students until Candidacy has been achieved. Our plan is to begin sending acceptance notifications as soon as we have achieved Candidacy status.  Please note that, by agreement among CSD programs, you do not need to accept any offers until April 15. "

It goes on to encourage checking out their website and clinic opportunities.

Did anyone else get this email?

I got the same e-mail! 

On 3/7/2016 at 10:39 PM, Cookie Hall said:

I got the same e-mail! 

I also got the same email. Salus went through the same thing accreditation wise. Actually it was a year before they were even up and running. I hope they are not giving us the run around. I assume that this program was so popular because it was offered on CSDCAS and its a popular application portal.