What to wear to a Skype phone interview?

I am being interviewed for a Ph.D program via Skype. They have not yet extended offers, so this interview is not purely for them to answer any questions I have, but presumbably meant to evaluate me as well.

What would I be expected to wear? I was planning on wearing something like a pale blue button down shirt, khakis, i.e. something kinda nice but something you would wear to class. I assume that as academics, they do not expect/might be weirded out by a full suit, but is that normal in an interview? Should it be more business casual?

I'm just to job interviews, where having a suit is quite important. Wasn't sure what to make of this.

Yeah, I've done Skype interviews wearing a nice sweater and jeans. You want to look put together (don't wear pajamas, do wear pants), but don't stress about clothing! Go over your questions, think about how you'll answer their questions, and make sure all your tech is fully functional (speakers, webcam, lighting etc). Good luck! :)