Likelihood of Acceptance

easybreezy

Hey everyone! I know this may be a repetitive question, but this morning I just submitted my SOPHAS application to two schools and I wanted to know if the other application factors are stong enough to increase my chances of getting into Georgia State.  My stats are:

GRE: 145 V, 149 Q, and 3.0 Written (all horrible I know)

Undergrad GPA: 3.46

Letters of Recommendation: All are stong and include: one from a Health Promotions professor, one from a mentor who works at the CDC, and one from my supervisor/internship coordinator of a local public health department.

My major is Integrative Studies - concentrating in Exercise Science/Kinesiology and Psychology with a minor in Health Promotions.  The most experience I have had was completing an internship with a local public health department that was geared to underserved populations.  I work as a front office medical assistant and have worked at preschool for low-economic populations.

Georgia State's requirements are: 2.75 GPA, GRE scores within the 50th percentle but anything under 280 combined are unlikely to be considered, three LOR, and a letter of interest.  Am I good? I know it's too late now that I submitted my app, but wanted some feedback to rid the anxiety lol. ^_^

There's really no way to tell, just based on quantitative factors. It seems like you'll clear the GPA condition with ease, but I'd be a little worried about the GRE score and encourage you to try taking it again if possible. If your recommendations are strong and you have a good letter of interest, you may get in. I'm assuming that you're applying for a Master's degree, rather than a Ph.D., which Master's degrees are usually self-funded and less competitive than funded Ph.D. slots. 

21 hours ago, nevermind said:

There's really no way to tell, just based on quantitative factors. It seems like you'll clear the GPA condition with ease, but I'd be a little worried about the GRE score and encourage you to try taking it again if possible. If your recommendations are strong and you have a good letter of interest, you may get in. I'm assuming that you're applying for a Master's degree, rather than a Ph.D., which Master's degrees are usually self-funded and less competitive than funded Ph.D. slots. 

Yeah, I'm applying for a Master's in Public Health.  I wish I had time to take another GRE, but unfortunately, I don't.  I'm just crossing my fingers at this point.