PETROLEUM INSTITUTE ABU DHABI UAE, Fall 2016 Admissions

GeologyMajor

i got this email 

We are pleased to inform you that your application for the Graduate Research/Teaching Assistantship (FALL 2016)  in Chemical Engineering is currently under consideration.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????? what is this mean

18 hours ago, MSMechEng said:

Hi 

I've received the forms too, filled them in and sent them back. I wonder whether that means I got admitted or I should just wait more.

Yeahh.. Me too @MSMechEng .. I hope we got admitted.. :)

Edited by Alexandre Silva
adfs

33 minutes ago, ahmedust said:

I got final approval letter :D

Congratulations! I've not received one... hope yet.

i applied for Mechanical Engineering. What about you, ahmedust ?

Congrats @ahmedust. I think @Adeadvanced is spot on when he talked about visa processing holding up international students offer letter. Let's all hope it comes out well.

btw, was anyone also told to resend their documents in PDF format this time.

6 hours ago, Kaybest said:

Congrats @ahmedust. I think @Adeadvanced is spot on when he talked about visa processing holding up international students offer letter. Let's all hope it comes out well.

hey kaybest, i noticed u are applying for Petroleum geosciences. please did PI send to you those forms to fill? please share academic profile.

7 hours ago, Kaybest said:

I believe visa processing may be the primary reason as well. However, I thought they were closed for Ramadan Holidays and hence a bit surprised. 

Well... Let's hope for the best guys... Best wishes! ☺️ 

@Kaybest

I did not receive any separate mail to send the documents again in PDF format. Just the original mail in June for Tif format. 

Did you receive a new mail on this? 

Hi @GeologyMajor Yes, PI sent the forms to me. You might like to know there had been a phone interview prior to that. 4.57 GRE 309 TOEFL 104.

@darkraiden I did receive a separate mail asking for the docs in PDF format. I figure it is more about the quality of the images though. 

I won't be surprised if @ahmedust's post is him trying to be positive cos like you I was surprised when I saw it as I do not expect responses earlier than July 15th.

Let's hope for the best. Everything good will come.

Cheers 

Guys,

I want to share PI's reply I received yesterday to my email asking when the result comes out.

"Applications are still under process for final approval. You will be informed once a final approval is obtained. We are following up."

Hi guys,

I'm thinking to apply in next term but still not sure, is it worth it? 

My friend of mine is PI alumnus. He said that PI is gonna be merged with masdar and there is no guarantee to work in UAE after graduation. I'm interested in this uni since I want to work in the UAE afterwards. Lol. 

So guys, please let me know some updates especially those who enroll this term. 

Thanks a lot :)

On 15/06/2016 at 9:48 AM, ahmedust said:

Also they ask for passport copy , transcript, photo with white background . do they ask you the same ??????

yess!! I sent all theses docs, and asked them to confirm.. But no feedback so far..

By the way, where are you from @ahmedust?