Does anyone have experience with Kent State University and/or University of Toledo?

Schwarzwald

Hey all,

I'm looking for some information on Kent State University and the University of Toledo's application process.

Kent State University

1.) On the Kent State Application portal, when you are reviewing your app, it has a space for "status" and "received." I assume "Received" describes when the materials were received by the graduate office, what is "status?"

2.) I was told that I could email my letters of recommendation. My recommenders have receipts for their submission; however, my application doesn't show a reception of any of my letters. Is this normal? Does the system simply not regularly update?

3.) What's the standard protocol for getting the department to look at an incomplete application after the deadline? Will an email to the department suffice? Should I contact the grad office? Should I attempt to reach out to a professor? What's the deal? The information they need is readily available in their system's email box, but who knows what it'd take to access it if it's an automated system.

University of Toledo:

1.) Does Toledo's program require letters of recommendation? I can only find a page that states for assistantships, GRE Scores and a Writing Sample are required.

2.) How does one confirm the reception of application materials for University of Toledo? When I review my application on their portal, I get a very basic description of my application, with no information on the confirmation of my departmental materials.

You should just call up the department/admissions office and ask these questions. It's better to get answers from the source. There's no harm in calling -- they expect it -- and it's an instant and accurate way of clearing everything up. Good luck!