PHOTOGRAPHY 2016 MFA

photo

Got an offer from SFAI yesterday. Is there anyone hear the same here? It will be great if I can get some first hand reviews from the current students, alumni or people who are familiar with this school.

Thanks, and wish you guys all the best. 

6 hours ago, ZeusG said:

Got an offer from SFAI yesterday. Is there anyone hear the same here? It will be great if I can get some first hand reviews from the current students, alumni or people who are familiar with this school.

Congrats! Do you think you'll accept their offer?

17 minutes ago, ZeusG said:

I am not 100% sure yet, because I haven't found any alumni or current students from this school to talk to

You could send an email to the grad coordinator or members of the faculty and ask to be connected to current students.  I've done that a few times and seems to have worked pretty well.

20 minutes ago, hypoart said:

You could send an email to the grad coordinator or members of the faculty and ask to be connected to current students.  I've done that a few times and seems to have worked pretty well.

Oh, thanks. I am actually doing it now. Do you know anything about this school? And where are you planning to go, if you don't mind me asking?

51 minutes ago, ZeusG said:

Oh, thanks. I am actually doing it now. Do you know anything about this school? And where are you planning to go, if you don't mind me asking?

I considered applying to SFAI but for some reason decided not to.  I think that it was mainly due to cost but if I'm not mistaken there a few older posts about the school's future that made it seem a bit unstable.  I can't remember exactly the context of the posts so you should do a quick search.  That being said, I think their photo program looks interesting and worth considering.  I liked the spirit of experimentation there, plus Debra Bloomfield's work is awesome.  

I'm still waiting on two more final decisions before I figure out where I'm headed.  

Edited by hypoart

1 hour ago, hypoart said:

I considered applying to SFAI but for some reason decided not to.  I think that it was mainly due to cost but if I'm not mistaken there a few older posts about the school's future that made it seem a bit unstable.  I can't remember exactly the context of the posts so you should do a quick search.  That being said, I think their photo program looks interesting and worth considering.  I liked the spirit of experimentation there, plus Debra Bloomfield's work is awesome.  

I'm still waiting on two more final decisions before I figure out where I'm headed.  

Yup, I do heard the rumor about this school and that's why I want to get more information directly from students.

Which schools are you waiting for now? I hope the good news will arrive soon!

13 minutes ago, ZeusG said:

Yup, I do heard the rumor about this school and that's why I want to get more information directly from students.

Which schools are you waiting for now? I hope the good news will arrive soon!

Hmm, hopefully you find the info you're looking for. 

Waiting on UW and RISD.  Not sure what my chances are since I haven't heard from either about interviews and seems like RISD has begun announcing acceptances.

On March 13, 2016 at 11:40 PM, ZeusG said:

congratulation did you get any news from sva or columbia?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just signed up for this forum so a little late to the party...

Accepted: Pratt (11.5K/semester), SVA (no funding)

Rejected: Columbia

Decided on SVA as it was my first choice but didn't get any funding while I got some from Pratt but the program didnt'excite as much as SVA. However, the more I think about it the more the lack of funding bothers me so now I may just forfeit the deposit and try different schools next year (toured SAIC yesterday and like it).

Who knows, the whole precess has stressed me to the limits, I'm almost ready to move to middle of the woods somewhere and forget the whole thing. I'm not really going to learn anything skill wise. I was going for the experience of being with very talented/driven people, get connections/opportunities, study my art rigoursly and to learn how to speak about my work etc...