Canadian School Psychology Applicants

bribricakes17

Just thought I'd check to see if anyone else here is a Canadian School Psychology applicant? I've applied to UBC, U of C, U of A, U of T, and U of M. So far I've had my interview at U of M but haven't heard from any of the others. Where has everyone else applied and have you heard yet?

The waiting is just awful! There are not a ton of records in the results from previous years at those schools in this program specifically either so it's hard to tell when exactly to expect to hear from them! 

Hi! I am Canadian- my alma mater is UBC- and the only Canadian school I applied to this year was UBC.

Last year I applied to U of A and was accepted on February 5 without an interview. I also applied to UBC last year, had an interview in February 6, and was wait listed and ultimately denied admission.

I chose to decline my UA offer last year because the program is not accredited and accreditation is something I really value.

I applied to UBC again this year and haven't heard anything yet so I don't know if they've sent out their interview invitations! 

This waiting is absolutely brutal, especially since the American schools are at the height of their interview season. Hang in there and remember you're not alone in this incredibly anxiety-inducing situation! 

Hey there!

I applied to U of T, UBC, U of C, U of My and MSVU! I had an interview at U of My over Skype and I was offered admission to MSVU. I was also offered fully funded admission to a non-school psychology program at Brock. I'd okay with going to MSVU, but my biggest issue is the lack of funding they offer, so I'm waiting things out.

The waiting game is killing me, but I'm glad someone finally made a thread so we can wait this out together.

I knew I couldn't be the only one! 

Seeing all the american interviews going on definitely makes the waiting even harder!

On Monday, February 08, 2016 at 8:27 PM, morningcup said:

Hi! I am Canadian- my alma mater is UBC- and the only Canadian school I applied to this year was UBC.

I applied to UBC again this year and haven't heard anything yet so I don't know if they've sent out their interview invitations! 

UBC is my top choice actually! I know it's a competitive program though so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. Who are you interested in working with there?

Seems like every year the interviews go out at a different time because my U of M was super early I heard Jan 19th from them! Other years they haven't sent out requests until way into February! I actually think that's made it harder to wait for the rest now.

Funding is a big part for me too if I get into U of M (which is my hometown by the way)it is not a thesis program so I'm a little nervous it will limit me later plus no research= no funding. It's just a lot cheaper to live here though! 

Good luck to you both I'm really hoping to hear from UBC soon!

• 3 weeks later...